Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday's Menu- Mac and Cheese

In honor of Moldy Cheese Day (October 9), I want to make my favorite mac and cheese recipe. I saw it made years ago on Oprah (when I still watched it). It is yummy. The only adaptation I make to the recipe is I use Velveeta slices instead of cubing the Velveeta. I think it spreads the yummy taste of the Velveeta around a lot better. Get your forks ready. This one is good.

Patti LaBelle's Over-the-Rainbow Macaroni and Cheese


Last week's recipe: Double Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirled Brownies

These were good, but not a great as I had hoped. They were a lot of work. When you got a bite with the Reese's Cup on it, then it was heaven. If not, then it was just ok.

3 comments:

ABrushWithHumor said...

Moldy cheese day? I love it!!!! Your recipe looks pretty good, I'll give it a try :-)

Anonymous said...

Gross- moldy cheese day? I was never a fan of any of those "moldy cheeses" people eat on purpose. Haha. So velveta sounds good to me!

Merry said...

The Velveeta makes it!