Tuesday, June 3, 2008

About Cheese and Chocolate- A Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I cover topics I find interesting and some information about my and my daughter's creative endeavours. I have a second blog, Photographs From Here, which documents my life through pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

Who Am I?

I am a wife, mom, daughter, sister, volunteer, and creative being. Designing jewelry is a passion of mine. I work mainly in sterling silver and Swarvoski crystals, but I frequently use gemstones as well. Lately, I have been branching out into brass jewelry. I love the look. I also have a passion for knitting and enjoy photography, scrapbooking, and reading.

How Cheese and Chocolate came to be...

After giving it much thought, Robyn and I decided sell our work online. Etsy is an online community of artisans who sell their work through the website. I decided to sell my jewelry and Robyn wanted to sell her art.

We gave our name a lot of thought, asking various family members their opinions and suggestions. Finally Robyn came up with a name we both agreed on...one that would use our favorite food. Every one knows I have 2 loves (outside of my family)...Sting (AKA Gordon Sumner) and Chocolate. So I added chocolate to the name. Robyn loves almost anything with cheese. She decided to become a vegetarian around Thanksgiving almost 2 years ago. She doesn't eat a lot of veggies, but a lot of cheese. I call her a cheesatarian. Anyway...I digress...so Robyn added cheese to the mix and we became Cheese and Chocolate.


0 comments: