Thursday, March 5, 2009

I found out who was driving the truck that hit me...

It was Mr. Pneumonia.  Yes kids...that is why I am feeling so yuck.  Sunday night I was just not feeling any better.  I started to worry that maybe I had 2 things going on (1) a cold to account for the coughing, congestion, and fever; and (2) another pulmonary embolism (I have had two other episodes of those lovely things). I knew that going in to see the Dr. would not tell me about the clot without needing to go to the hospital to get the tests run, so I decided to go ahead to the ER.  Well, since I am on a blood thinner "for life", a clot was ruled out.  My chest x-ray did show pneumonia. After 3 fun filled days in the hospital, I am so happy to be home.  I am still out of breath and coughing, but I am feeling a little better.  

Things might be a little slow around here while I am getting back up to speed, but I plan to check in often.

7 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Ouch! That's no fun! I hope you feel better soon!

Lin said...

Was that your souvenir from Disney? Yuck. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nancy said...

I can't believe that you are actually on the computer then! Rest! Do not talk to us! You need to sleep and rest! I hope you feel better soon!

Merry said...

Rose Works- Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Lin- Yes, that was the souvinir. I can't find the mouse ears on it tho...

Nancy- I am feeling better today. I don't get out of breath when I sit in one place and I can deal with my computer addiction at the same time.

Thank you ladies for thinking of me.

Brett Ward said...

Wow! Sorry to hear that you have had such an ordeal. I do hope you continue on the road to recovery!
Brett
VanFleetStreetDesign.1000Markets.com

Lisa R said...

So glad you're home and feeling better!

Sage and Savvy said...

OMG...Glad to hear you're out of the hospital.

Hope you're feeling better.