Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Meme


I am a sucker for memes. I love to read responses to the questions and get a look into how another person thinks. The holiday season is a great topic. I saw this meme on Duck and Wheel With String who saw it on Lola's Diner. Feel free to play along too.

1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?

My favorite holiday movie is "It's a Wonderful Life." I am a huge Jimmy Stewart fan. My favorite animated shows are "Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas". I love them both. I couldn't choose just one.

2. What holiday character do you think you're most like?

Clarence Oddbody, AS2 (Angel Second Class, from "It's a Wonderful Life"

3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like?

Peppermint Patty from "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song?

"We Three Kings" especially the version by the Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan (LOVE BNL)

5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?

It is a toss up between "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" (why would we want to sing about that) and "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" (I guess I am greedy...I want other things than that)

6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it?

I would listen to it all year long if I could. I love Christmas music.

7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it?

See #6

8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present? Come on...you can tell!

No, I am not going there.

9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father?

According to the TV show, it was Donder, but I think they say Donner in the show.

10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations?

It is one of our family traditions to see who has the tackiest display. We refer to it as "the true meaning of Christmas".

11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'?

Heavily? That usually falls in the "true meaning of Christmas category". No thank you.

12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?

Always excited anticipation. I am still a kid at heart.

13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?

When Cara was 2. She refused to take a Santa pic, so I sat on his lap with her.

14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?

I make a list. I love Phillip, but picking out things I like is not his forte.

15. When do you put up your tree?

It is usually up by now, but this year we are slackers.

16. Real or fake?

Fake. I am allergic to most trees and would prefer breathing to a real tree.

17. When do you take your tree down?

If I had my way it would be after New Year's, but Scrooge, I mean, Phillip wants it down right after Christmas.

18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?

Sometimes. I don't hit the big sales, but I might check out smaller places for wrapping paper, tags, bows, etc.

19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?

I will party with the dogs and cats at home.

20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet?

Yes, we always have Phillip's brother and some friends over. They are usually gone by the time midnight arrives though. Phillip and I usually stand outside and watch the neighbors' fireworks.

0 comments: